XCLUSIF STORY-(INTERVIEW): KING ONJ TALKS ABOUT HIS MUSIC, CARRER AND LIFESTYLE

KING ONJ

This week, XCLUSIF STORY spotted KING ONJ, a great and unique Gospel artist from      Benin Republic. He let us into his music career and lifestyle. Indeed he is a prolific musician with outstanding qualities which have gained him a lot of media attention. In this interview, you will discover the A-Z of his music career and lifestyle. Sit tight and follow us to enjoy the gist. 


 XCLUSIF STORY:  MAY WE KNOW YOU SIR?

 KING: I am King ONJ, a gospel singer, song writer, producer, worship leader, music Director, Voice
             coach and many more…

 XCLUSIF STORY:   INDEED YOU ARE A MAN WITH MANY TALENTS.

 KING: I thank God for the grace.

 XCLUSIF STORY:    SO TELL US, HOW AND WHEN DID YOU START YOUR CAREER AS A
                                     GOSPEL ARTIST?

KING:  I started singing from my childhood at the age of nine (9) and I grew up with it. However, at a certain time, I stopped singing. Then in 2004, it came heavily on me that I had to go back to it, and by then I was in choir playing drums and not singing. Precisely in 2008 I had the Spirit telling me to build altars of worship in the heart of men. Immediately, I formed a group called  DE-VINE COMPANY. We started hosting concerts titled “HOUR OF WORSHIP” and were teaching people how to worship and being in the presence of God. However, I was doing part- time music. So in the year 2010, the same Spirit said I should go into it full time and thanks to God that today, I’m into full time gospel music career.







XCLUSIF STORY:  WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES YOU HAVE FACED AS A GOSPEL SINGER ESPECIALLY IN THE AREA OF ACCEPTABILITY OF YOUR MUSIC BY CHRISTIANS?


KING:  By the grace of God for now no challenge so far and I believe that it can’t be because it’s a thing of
             the spirit first, most times I’m even surprise the way people respond to my music but home and
             abroad. It is the Lord’s doing.

XCLUSIF STORY:    AS AN ARTIST, YOU TRAVEL A LOT, SO HOW DO YOU COPE WITH FAMILY?


KING:    Wow! I love my family so I spend quality time with them whenever I’m around and it has been

                awesome.

XCLUSIF STORY:    HOW MANY ALBUMS DO YOU HAVE IN THE MARKET SO FAR?

 KING:     I have Just one album and it came out in the month of May 2011. I thank God for the impact of
                 this album and many that is coming soon by His grace available in my life and calling.

 XCLUSIF STORY:    WHAT IS YOUR NEXT MUSICAL PROJECT?

 KING:     I have lots of project but the current one now is to make a maximum impact through my musical
                 career in the globe, teaching people the way to stay in the presence of God through praise and
                 worship.

 XCLUSIF STORY:    AS A MAN OF MANY TALENTS, HOW DID YOU DEVELOP THESE
 POTENTIALS AT THE SAME TIME?




The bible says that every good and perfect gift comes from God. I develop every gift I discover in my life especially in my musical career. Most times I go for training in some institutions and from people that has gone ahead of me.




XCLUSIF STORY:    WHAT DOES ‘ONJ’ ATTACHED TO YOUR NAME STAND FOR?


KING:  This has been a question from many press, DJs’ and fans, ONJ is simply the abbreviation of my
             others names- ONYEKACHI NWANKPA JOHN.

XCLUSIF STORY:    WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER AS THE MAJOR CHALLENGES FACING
GOSPEL ARTISTS IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY?

 KING:     What I will consider as challenge to a gospel artist is not being in the SPIRIT to down load what
                 should be, do and sing at every given time. Also being anxious for money, it can frustrate
                 anybody.

 XCLUSIF STORY:    WHAT DO THINK SHOULD BE DONE IN ORDER TO ENHANCE THE
 SPREAD AND LISTENERSSHIP OF GOSPEL MUSIC IN AFRICA?

 KING:     Every gospel musician should understand his or her calling and work excellently to produce what
                 is pleasing in the ear of God and man. This can be done when you know who you are and what
                 you’re living for.

 XCLUSIF STORY:    WHAT HAS BEEN THE APPROACH TAKEN BY WEALTHY CHRISTIANS
 IN SUPPORT TO THE GROWTH OF GOSPEL MUSIC?

 KING:     Some of them that understand the ministry of a Levite do react positively but many of them don’t
                 really care, rather they prefer to support and participate in spreading worldly music. But I know
                 with time things will change in Africa.

 XCLUSIF STORY:    WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE TO THE YOUNGER GOSPEL ARTISTS?

 KING:    You know the sky is so large that you can’t see two birds jam together neither do airplanes jam in
                 the air. Therefore to every upcoming gospel artist out there, just make sure you have the calling
                 and please be patient with God; He by Himself will take you FAR. Be of good cheer and be
                 courageous, the sky is your starting point. You are going FAR.

 XCLUSIF STORY:    OUR READERS WILL LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOUR MARITAL LIFE. SO, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO TELL THEM?


KING:   I’m happily married to one of the most beautiful women in

              this planet. Her name TATIANA and I love her so much.
              We’re blessed with four lovely children: ELLA,
              NATHANIEL, SHILOH and JOAN.We’re living happily.




XCLUSIF STORY:   THANKS FOR YOUR TIME GIVEN FOR THIS INTERVIEW.


KING:  You are welcome!

Post a Comment

2 Comments